Make yourself familiar with the information below to ensure that you can:
- Implement the challenge 25 policy
- Avoid selling alcohol to customers who are under 18
- Understand the consequences of selling alcohol to anyone under 18
- Confidently ask for ID
- Recognise the accepted forms of ID
It is against the law to sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18. It is important to remember to check a customers age when delivering orders that contain alcohol as it is your responsibility to ensure that you do not deliver alcohol to a person who is under 18.
When you pick up an order from the restaurant, check the receipt to make yourself aware if alcohol included and take steps to ensure that the customer you deliver to is over 18. These include:
- 1Ask for ID from any customer who looks 25 or younger, to check they are over 18.
- Look at the ID Card & look at the person offering the ID Card to verify that it is the same person.
- Confirm it is a valid and acceptable form of ID.
A Passport, a European Union photocard driving licence, a Ministry of Defence Form 90 (Defence Identity Card), a photographic identity card bearing the national Proof of Age Standards Scheme (PASS) hologram, a national identity card issued by a European Union member state (other than the United Kingdom), Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland or a Biometric Immigration Document.
- Confirm the photograph on the card looks like the person offering the card
- Check that the date of birth proves the person is over the age of 18.
- Check the expiry date of the document to ensure it is still valid
You must not:
- Deliver the alcohol to the customer if you are suspicious that the ID produced is not genuine or if an ID could not be produced and you believe they look under the age of 25. When this happens call Rider Support and inform them – do not complete the order.
- Leave the alcohol anywhere except the delivery address.
- Hesitate to ask for ID
If you cannot deliver the order for any of the reasons above please use the app to swipe ‘delivered’ for this order when you’re at the customer’s address. Then, please feel free to keep it or dispose of it safely. We’ll contact the customer directly to resolve this.