Your free rider insurance
Click to enlarge
Your safety and security are incredibly important to us. This is why we’re spending over €11 million to protect every rider globally, so you don’t have to pay a thing.
We’ve developed market leading insurance cover, which means that whenever you’re out on the road with us, you’re protected in the event of an accident. Plus if an injury means you are unable to work, your earnings are protected while you recover.
It’s totally free and covers you from the moment you go online.
If you use a scooter or car our free insurance will protect you while you are off your vehicle and completing an order. You still need to have your own third party liability insurance, plus fast food delivery insurance in order to be covered for accidents which happen while you are using your vehicle to deliver food.
Rider income protect
Covers all riders including cyclists, scooters, cars and walkers when working.
Your income protection insurance gives you supporting income in case you can’t work following an accident while riding. You can claim a weekly payment if you are injured and unable to work. You’ll also receive a lump sum payment for more serious injuries.
Rider public liability
Covers cyclists and walkers when working. It also covers scooter and car riders when they’re ‘off-vehicle’, for example, when walking to pick up and deliver orders.
You and your substitutes get €5,000,000 of cover in case you cause injury to someone whilst at work. It also gives you protection in case you damage someone else’s property whilst working, such as other vehicles or buildings. Legal costs are included in the cover.
Here are a few important things to remember:
- This rider third party liability insurance does not replace your own motor insurance. If you use a scooter, motorbike or car to do deliveries, you still need to purchase your own third party liability motor insurance.
- This doesn’t cover any damage caused to your own vehicle.
- There may be a policy excess of up to €300 for third party liability claims.
Want to find out more?
Need to report a claim?
Have a question about a claim?
Frequently asked questions
1. You: As a Deliveroo rider, you’ll be protected by our insurance cover.
2. Your substitute: If you have someone else working for you as a substitute, they will be covered too.
From Thursday 31 May, you’ll be covered instantly by our insurance whenever and wherever you’re out on the road with us in Ireland. This includes the whole time you’re online, as well as up to one hour after you go offline.
If you’ve been injured, or someone else has been injured or their property has been damaged, while you were riding with Deliveroo, here’s what you should do:
1. Safety always comes first. In the event of an emergency, the first thing you should do is call the emergency services on 999 to make
sure you get any assistance and medical treatment you need. A doctor must be consulted as soon as possible after an accident.
2. If someone else is involved, you should stop and give your details to them – including your full name, your rider ID, your address, and
if relevant, your vehicle registration number. You should also get their details. If you don’t exchange details at the time of the accident, please report it to the Garda as soon as possible.
3. As soon as possible following the accident, please report it to Qover and make a claim. Even if you’re unsure if you or someone else was at fault, we recommend reporting it to Qover.
If your substitute has an accident while riding with Deliveroo, they will need to follow the same process we’ve set out in the answer above. The way to think of it is that the app is covered, so whoever is using it at the time of an accident will need to report the claim.
1. As soon as possible after the accident has happened, please report it to Qover directly and fill out the claims form.
2. Qover will contact you directly to get everything they need to investigate and process the claim. They will take care of everything for you when it comes to your claim – including answering your questions.
3. If your claim is approved, payment to you will be made directly to your bank account, and you will be notified by Qover to confirm payment and the amount. If a payment is made to a third party, Qover will do this on your behalf.
4. Each claim is different, but Qover handles all claims as quickly as possible and keep you informed, every step of the way. Payments are made electronically and are processed immediately once agreement has been reached.
You’ll need to provide some evidence to support your claim – either when you first make the claim, or any time during the claim process. Qover will probably ask you:
– Can you explain what happened?
– When did the accident take place?
– Where did it happen?
– Did the accident cause any damage to someone else’s vehicle or property?
– Do you have any photos of any damage?
– Can you provide contact details for anyone else who was involved in this accident?
– Did anyone witness the accident? If so, can you provide their contact details?
– If a car or scooter was involved, can you give a copy of the European Claim Statement?
– If you have a statement from the police, can you share this?
It’s important that you make sure we have the right information about you, including your full name, email address, home address and vehicle type.
This means you can be protected by our insurance cover. Please email [email protected] to update your details if they ever change.
Lots of riders work with Deliveroo and other companies in the same hour. You’re completely free to do that and you will still be covered by free accident insurance when you work with us.
However it’s worth knowing that if an accident happens while you’re offline, or you haven’t been online in the Deliveroo app in the past hour, you won’t be covered for any claims.
If you’re injured as a result of an accident while riding with us, you won’t need to pay any excess fees on claims.
This is different for third party liability claims. You may need to pay up to €300 for every claim for accidental damage to someone else’s property and the same for injuries to another person.
Your own vehicle and other items of kit will not be covered. If your kit has been damaged and you want to replace it, please contact us.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Please contact Qover directly at [email protected] / +353 76 888 8655